At the job site a surface unit with a wireless internet gateway is setup to communicate with SDAUs or surface loggers. When the initial communication link is made in SmartGate’s web-based platform, each tool is given a Device ID number for easy identification. Data from the tools is stored in the SDAU’s or logger’s memory and will also be received and stored on secured servers at the PPS headquarters in Calgary, designated solely for PPS clients.
- Prevents data loss or corruption with multiple location backup servers
- Provides real-time readings and charting, as well as historical charting
- Allows users to download data for any time access and sharing
- Sends e-mail or text message alerts, if data is outside set parameters
- Sends remote commands to devices
- Allows for convenient device management
- Enables multiple level user administration
The SmartGate System is capable of sending alert emails and text messages to registered users, if the data received from the tools moves outside of the acceptable alarm parameters created on setup. Users can also change the alarm settings and sampling rates of the connected devices, if changes need to be made to ensure optimum operations. This gives client’s peace of mind knowing their job site is being monitored day and night.