Pioneer Petrotech Services Inc, a downhole electronic tool research, development and manufacturing company, is seeking an electronic professional to join our engineering team. This position will be responsible for developing firmware and designing circuit solutions. A BSc. in Electronic Engineering combined with a minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience in embedded design and electronic development is required. Experience with downhole electronic tools, sensors, signal conditioning and lower power design are preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
- New product/technology research and development.
- Existing product maintenance, update, upgrade.
- Design and debugging electronic circuits including but not limited to digital, analog, signal processing, data acquisition, serial/parallel communication.
- Select optimal electronics parts, ICs, components to meet product electrical, mechanical, environmental specifications.
- Design and debug firmware to meet specifications.
- Design component and system test plan for DUT.
- Work closely with mechanical and software developer to ensure product meets requirements in all aspects.
- Work closely with technical writer to ensure product documentation accuracy.
- Work with technologist for prototyping and testing,.
- Provide technical support, product training when required.
- Report to R&D manager on regular basis.
Skill and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in engineering.
- Three or more years of experience in industrial/downhole tool design.
- Good communication skills.
- Proficiency in schematic and PCB design using Altium designer or equivalent.
- Proficiency in firmware development using C language in MPLAB 8/X or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge on SPI, I2C, UART, RS232/485, Can bus, Q-bus, Modbus.
- Familiar with common downhole tools(pressure/temperature gauge, MWD, logging tool, etc) and their operations, environmental challenges.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Software Development
- Business Development
- Field Services
- Project Management
If you have the skills needed, feel that you can make a contribution and would like to explore the opportunities at Pioneer Petrotech Services Inc., please forward your resume to email@example.com, attention: Human Resources. We offer attractive compensation packages for qualified candidates. Only those candidates who are being considered will be contacted. Please no phone calls.
Areas of Interest
PPS is always looking for highly motivated and qualified applicants to fill a variety of challenging positions.
PPS believes their employees are one of its greatest assets. The dedication, expertise, and creativity that each employee brings to their career is a key to PPS's ongoing success and longevity as a world class gauge manufacturer for the oil and gas industry.
If you would be interested in pursuing a career with PPS, however don't see an opening in your field of expertise, you can still submit your resume at any time. Submit a Resume by E-mail.
Here are some of the key areas that PPS is looking to expand in the near future: